Here we are, presumably on a Christmas morning around...oh my God, THIRTY YEARS AGO? Whoa. Please hold while I confront my mortality for a second.
Okay! So here we are, surrounded by the fruits of Santa's labour, circa 1978 or so. (It would be many more years before I noticed how closely Santa's handwriting resembled the writing on my birthday cards from Elaine, but that's a story for another time.)
I don't remember many of the toys in this picture, weirdly enough--I do recognize the purple-patterned stuffed creature on the table, but nothing else really clicks. (Holly, Dawn? What was that thing? I know I loved it, but I don't think it was actually even MINE.)
It appears that on this particular Christmas Dawn received one of those disembodied heads whose hair we ostensibly "styled" for many years. (It also appears that Dawn and the disembodied head had chosen to sport the same coif on this particular day.)
Holly is neither nursing a sore neck or calling someone on an invisible telephone to tell them what Santa brought her.
And then there's me, delicate creature that I am, clomping around the living room in my wine-stained wife beater and pajama pants. Thirty years, yet in some ways NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
OH MY GOD!!! These pictures (well actually the commentary) are solely responsible for the tears running down my face right now! Tears of laughter of course!! My children are sitting next to me, wide eyed and giggling at Mommy who is crying and laughing hysterically all at the same time! I am BEGGING you to add to this blog more often so I can experience this kind of laughter on a more regular basis!!! I love you and your brain!!!!!!!! Cuz
ReplyDelete